A couple of days ago I found myself lamenting, on the 80th anniversary of Pearl Harbor, that the United States was no longer capable of doing much of anything, much less rising to meet a challenge like that posed by the Japanese Empire in 1941. We’re lucky if we can keep the lights on from day to day. But that line of thinking kind of set me off in an unexpected and disturbing direction, considering the accumulating parallels between our Current Year and the dark times of the 1930s and 1940s. Consider:
- A great world war — the Cold War — ended about thirty years ago, leaving the world order broken and unstable. The United States seemed to be the sole dominant power remaining on Earth, but bit by bit it lost its hold on things. A big part of that involved a major worldwide economic downturn and “defeat” in a series of pointless foreign colonial wars. Today, there is no single world order, but rather about four Great Powers — the US/UK, the EU, Russia, and China — with mutually exclusive interests and mutually distrustful of each other. All of which are expanding their military capabilities, EXCEPT for the former sole superpower, the US, which is aggressively weakening its military, becoming increasingly vulnerable.
- Two of the great powers, the US and EU, have come under the control of a fanatical political movement that is enormously popular with young people. It is completely untethered from reality, with amazingly exotic beliefs about the fundamental nature of reality, and revolves around the need to radically rework society to further a revolutionary moral code that is both unprecedented and impossible. Importantly, this movement is united behind an irrational racial hatred wherein a single ethnic group is implausibly blamed for all of history’s crimes and all current social problems. Members of this ethnic group are simultaneously portrayed as bumbling morons and diabolical masterminds, but always in the service of maximizing the hatred directed toward them in media propaganda. The movement has solidified its power by capturing most of the media organs, government bureaucracies, and the commanding heights of industry and finance in the US and EU, all of which were captured by a generation-long process of infiltration and subversion — through the erecting of “fifth columns” in all of these institutions.
- This fanatical political movement faces serious resistance in the US, however, but has moved to eradicate that resistance by leveraging a fake “insurrection” (i.e. the January 6 Reichstag fire) to justify an unprecedented removal of civil rights protections from the political opponents of the current regime. This oppression descends directly from the regime’s secret state police (how do you say that in German?) and collaborating federal and local courts. This attempt to crush domestic resistance corresponds with an increasingly belligerent attitude toward foreign countries — and in particular one great power, Russia — that haven’t bent the knee to the regime.
- Disturbingly, human rights violations are beginning to accumulate. The US regime is running a Guantanamo-style political dungeon in Washington DC for the dissidents captured after 1/6. Germany, amazingly, has resurrected Nazi-era slogans for persecuting “unvaccinated” citizens — “Ungeimpfte nicht erwünscht!” — and followers of the fanatical political movement routinely endorse interring or even killing people who don’t take the useless shots, with no concern for consequences for such speech because there will be none. This blog has documented numerous examples of online mob attacks on political dissidents, and of course the fanatics have directly endorsed hundreds of attacks on government and economic targets in cities across the US and EU supposedly in the name of “social justice” but in fact simply giving vent to their racist conspiracy theories and desire to smash and replace the government and social structure of their own country. The tacit government endorsement of this irrational race hate and desire to persecute political opponents is directly reminiscent of the tactics used by the NSDAP to cement control over Weimar Germany. Yeah, I know, it’s cringe to compare shit to the Nazis, but it is warranted now. Consider the testimony of a survivor of the NSDAP period, and try to convince yourself it isn’t happening right now:
- And perhaps the most concerning parallel is the appearance that the great powers are beginning to line themselves up into two sets of allied groups. Consider the nightmare unfolding on the Ukrainian border, where the everlasting hard-on the Democrats have for Russia and Putin appears to be hurtling toward World War III. The affection the US elite has for Ukraine has eluded me for a long time — I wrote about the situation early on in my time writing this blog, wondering why we felt the need to take sides in a war between ethnonationalist western Ukrainians and ethnically Russian eastern Ukrainians. The revelation of corrupt pay-offs between Ukrainian oil oligarchs and the Biden family seems to answer that question… but nevertheless it doesn’t change the fact that Biden and his business pals are engaging in nuclear brinksmanship with Russia for the first time since the fall of the Berlin Wall. Given that the other side of the US political spectrum explicitly advocates normalizing relations with Russia (hell, that’s the #1 reason I voted for Trump), and given that Biden is moving from failure to failure and the Democrats look to be completely wiped out in 2022 and 2024 unless something radically changes, with likely nationalist gains in the UK and France as well, it’s entirely possible that in a year or two the US and Russia could be shaking hands, leaving battle lines drawn similarly to those that predated WWII, only with China taking the place of Japan. And even the pro-war messaging would be similar — a conflict between a “Greater East Asian Coprosperity Sphere” and a Germany-centered EU on one side, and Russia and the Anglosphere on the other, in a fight to preserve civilization against an inhuman and fanatical tyranny with tentacles extending into every nation on Earth.
As always, I hope I’m wrong. But I’m usually not. Let’s just say I’m #Rootin4Putin to back Brandon down the way Kennedy backed down Krushchev — maybe if we can forestall war, there’s still a chance to save Western Civilization from these bastards.